Please use the link below to view an overview of resources for families and nannies!
Above and Beyond COVID-19 Recommendations and Company Policy
We at Above and Beyond Nannies are committed to protecting the health and safety of our office staff, families, and nannies.
Below are updated strategies and recommendations for responding to COVID-19, including those seeking to resume normal or phased business operations, as of May 6th:
All employees are encouraged to wear masks and face coverings in the work place when appropriate and during activities outside the home, i.e., grocery shopping, stores, restaurants, public spaces, etc.
Workspaces should be cleaned frequently, especially high contact areas, to ensure a sterile environment for the health and safety of employees.
If an employee has recently returned from an area with a high number of COVID-19 cases (based on CDC announcements), or been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, please work from home for 14 calendar days, and return to work only if fully asymptomatic, or provided a negative COVID test. Please also do not come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
General hygiene rules:
· Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands (follow the 20-second hand-washing rule). You can also use the sanitizers located around the workplace.
· Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately and any spaces touched in between.
· If possible, open the windows regularly to ensure open ventilation.
· Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
· If you find yourself coughing/sneezing on a regular basis, avoid close physical contact with your coworkers and take extra precautionary measures (such as requesting sick leave).
If an employee is planning to travel voluntarily to a high-risk country with increased COVID-19 cases, please work from home for 14 calendar days. And please do not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
For Nannies and Families:
When assisting in back up coverage or trial shifts, nannies should bring a sterile change of clothes, and shoes if possible, to limit cross exposure, and bring clean individual toys and activities for children.
Families initial interviews will be either via Zoom, FaceTime, or over the phone. Any in person meetings should be socially distanced, with mask wearing as requested. Should weather permit, meeting outside is encouraged to promote social distancing.
All Nannies and Families should immediately notify each other of any changes in symptoms experienced from day to day, or any potential contact of exposure.
Nannies, take precautions with the children, insuring sufficient hand washing and hygiene measures are being taken. Teach them songs so that hands are being washed for the CDC recommended length of time, set a good example of covering ones face while coughing, sneezing, etc., and dispose of tissues in the proper way. Encourage mask wearing at proper ages and when required in locations.